Monday, November 15, 2010

A Little Something Called Context

I think I might start subscribing to Doug Willison, yet another article on contradictions in the bible, he looks at two examples of contradictions: A Little Something Called Context:
"I took a random sampling of just a couple of their contradictions, and addressed them below. I will perhaps be forgiven if I don't work through them all. You don't need to drink the whole bottle to tell that it's vinegar."
...Sam Harris thinks the Bible is unreliable because it tells Christian spouses to stay married to the non-Christian if the non-Christian wants to, and not to worry about it if they don't. Most of us would call this different counsel for different circumstances, but for Sam Harris, it is a contradiction.
God told the sons of Israel not to make images that they would bow down to or worship, and this is said to contradict the making of images that they did not bow down to or worship. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment