Tuesday, June 28, 2011

You Asked: Should a Church Invest?

A good question on how much a church should save and invest answered by a few people:You Asked: Should a Church Invest? – The Gospel Coalition Blog:
I would like something that gives biblical direction as to how much money a church should keep and how it should be invested. I am on the finance committee of my church. They saved up a considerable sum of money and recently invested in long term debt instruments and stocks in hopes of gaining a greater return. I think this money was given for ministry, and my mother suggested, “If they have that much money and can play the stock market, then I will give my tithe to someone else with a greater need.” Any good ideas on how we should proceed? Thanks for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment