Friday, July 1, 2011

Bell on Hell: Did We Get Gamed?

Reflections on Love Wins. It is worth reading the (quite good) article Taylor is responding to by Challies: Bell on Hell: Did We Get Gamed? – Justin Taylor:
Scot McKnight was one of the first to pull together the themes, some of which continue to stick. In an interview with Christianity Today on the same day as my post, he (1) predicted the controversy would be here today and gone tomorrow (“in a week it will all be gone”); (2) he said that I would owe Rob Bell “a huge apology” if I was wrong; (3) he suggested the book’s pre-pub publicity “worked perfectly” and that I and many of my readers “bit” on it; (4) and he said that John Piper’s infamous tweet (“Farewell, Rob Bell”) was a “flippant dismissal of Rob Bell” and “unworthy of someone of Piper’s stature,” and that a phone call or private letter to Bell would have been better.

I still disagree with all four of these suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment