Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Collateral Damage in the Invitation of T.D. Jakes to the Elephant Room

I'm starting to like Thabiti Anyabwile's blog: Collateral Damage in the Invitation of T.D. Jakes to the Elephant Room – Pure Church by Thabiti Anyabwile:
But this I do know, the entire situation raises association, separation, and accountability concerns for me that I did not have to the same degree before now. It raises significant questions about how members of The Gospel Coalition associate and endorse beyond the Coalition meetings themselves. For me, it tests the bounds of cooperation. I’m no Fundamentalist with well-established separation doctrines. But as one attempting to draw lines–cardinal biblical lines, mind you!–in a community flooded with heresy, this is no easy relationship to balance. Can I really endorse or remain quiet on an event that features a heretic I’m committed to opposing in writing? I don’t think so. That decision is easy for me. More difficult: Can I really endorse or support a brother who willingly associates with such a heretic and extends them a platform? Painful. Sobering.

No comments:

Post a Comment