Sunday, December 11, 2011

Junia Is a Woman, and I Am a Complementarian

I read another review of this book that was positive, this review is negative: Junia Is a Woman, and I Am a Complementarian | Denny Burk:
"McKnight’s central thesis is only as strong as his exegesis of Romans 16:7, and on this point I do not think he has provided sufficient exegetical warrant for his view in light of the countless interpreters who differ with his argument (e.g., Fitzmyer, Romans, p. 739; Schreiner, Romans, p. 796). There is not a single argument in this book that is new or that moves the gender debate forward. It simply assumes long-held egalitarian interpretations of the Bible, and then argues accordingly. I am doubtful that this method will be very persuasive to serious students of the Bible."

No comments:

Post a Comment