Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mark Driscoll, The Elephant Room, and Why I Left Acts 29...

If you align yourself too much in one direction, people on the other side will not follow: All of Grace: Mark Driscoll, The Elephant Room, and Why I Left Acts 29...:
As I sat in a video venue for the Elephant Room and watched Mark question TD Jakes, I hoped for that moment when he would call on Jakes to deny modalism and the prosperity gospel. I knew Mark would ask Jakes to affirm that God is one being in three persons. I was not surprised to hear Jakes say he preferred that terminology over the modalist language. I was not surprised because Jakes has said similar things before. Frankly, I believe Jakes was equivocating and evading the real substance of the issue throughout this discussion. But, my purpose here is not to prove this contention (see here for a detailed analysis). My purpose is simply to say that this was my conclusion and explain why it led to me leaving Acts 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment